Complete the exercises in the attached document, “Reading Exercises.” These exercises are also in the textbook, refer to your text should you have questions or need further examples.
Complete all of the following for your discussion response.
1. Immunity is necessary to prevent infectious diseases from spreading. Differentiate between passive-acquired and active-acquired immunity. Provide two examples of each type of immunity.
2. Immunoglobulins are necessary to protect the human physiology from diseases and pathological disorders. Explain the role of IgA, IgG, IgE, IgD, and IgM.
3. Stress is a component that affects the normal regulations of human physiology. Neuroendocrine regulation is important in this abnormality. How does increased catecholamine and cortisol affect the immune system?
Answer both of the following discussion questions
1. Explain the differences between innate and adaptive immunity.
Explain the differences between the primary and secondary line of defense. What factors interfere with these mechanisms? How are these levels of immunity affected in a child, an elderly person, or a person with a chronic disease?
2. Explain the complement system and the roles of macrophage, dendritic cells, mast cells, neutrophils, basophils, natural killer cells, T-cells (T-helper cells, cytotoxic T-cells, memory T-cells, and T-regulatory cells), and B-cells (antibodies and memory B-cells).
Week 9 Assignment – Challenges in the Business Environment
Changing, or even stating, a company’s values can be a long and arduous process, but it often pales in comparison to the effort it takes to make sure they are honored, implemented and projected. In this assignment, you evaluate how well your chosen company from the first assignment has done in “walking the talk” and responding to a social issue.
Review your chosen company’s mission and values statements as well as other sources that provide insight into the company’s values with regard to social responsibility. Pick two of their primary values and research how the company manifests those values. Simple examples might be the commitment to workplace diversity or ecological sustainability.
Create a 3–5-minute (approximately 6–8 slides) PowerPoint presentation that evaluates how well the company embodies its issue-related values. Your presentation should contain detailed speaker’s notes that flesh out and support main points, ideas, or conclusions and have supporting citations.
Summarize your chosen company’s Supplier Responsibility information.
In your own words, explain how each aspect of your Supplier Code of Conduct is committed to ethical business practices and social responsibility.
Discuss your company’s stance on each of the following areas:
Labor and Human Rights.
Health and Safety.
Identify the key ways that your company’s Code of Conduct has changed since last year.
Examine the manner in which your company’s Supplier Code of Conduct helps the organization operate as a socially responsible organization.
This essay shall contain a title page, main body, and a reference page.
Be sure to number your responses according to the numbering above!!
The length of the paper shall be 5-7 pages long (not including the title and reference pages), be written using a Times New Roman 12-point font, and contain at least four peer-reviewed citations.
Please reference this site for information on formatting the title page, in-text citations, reference page, and much more: https://apastyle.apa.org/style-grammar-guidelines
Another useful APA writing site: https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_citation/apa_style/apa_style_introduction.html
Please use the section heading (e.g. Power and Politics Organization Theory) as Level 1 headings for the paper. You may use Level 2 headings to delineate each of the questions contained within the section, but it is not necessary. Do not simply write the question, then the answer. The paper should be written in a fluid manner that logically transitions. Do not simply regurgitate canned responses.
Power and Politics Organization Theory
1. What are three significant points about power that you find interesting and relevant to leadership from the article by Pfeffer (1981)?
2. Explain the French and Raven’s (1959) Bases of Social Power in your own words. What is another form of social power not mentioned in this article?
Organizational Culture Theory
3. How does Edgar Schein (1993) define Organizational Culture?
4. What do Cook and Yanow (1993) mean by organizational learning? What is a learning organization?
5. According to Trice ande Beyer (1993), what does culture have to do with change in organizations?
Reform Through Changes in Organizational Culture
6. Read the introduction to Chapter 8 in the Shafritz text (pages 415-423) and comment on changes through the 1980’s and 1990’s.
7. Choose from article 43 and 44, read and share three key concepts or ideas that you took away from your reading.
Be sure to number your responses according to the numbering above.!
Web Design I – Week #5 Assignment
Project Stage 4
Begin building your external style sheet. Remember you’ll need at least 10 style rules. Try to add at least 5 this week. Consider the look and feel you want for your site. After working on some of the labs, think about the ones that really appealed to you and which elements you might want to incorporate into your project. Remember the style sheet must be referenced in the head section of each html page in order for the styles to apply.
· Submit a document with screenshots of each page tested in a browser as well as links.
· Discuss any issues or problems you may have experienced along the way and your overall confidence level at this point.
· Anything you feel you need to work on a bit more? If you’re experiencing coding problems, paste in relevant code and provide an explanation or questions for your instructor.
this is the class Introduction to Research
Research is about asking compelling questions. Whether you are working on a quality improvement project, creating a protocol, or participating in formal research, you need to start with a compelling question that needs an answer.
Using the research report found by the orthopedic surgeon in Chapter 3, discuss the study’s strengths and limitations.
1. What are the strengths addressed in the research report? How do strengths affect the usefulness of the evidence-based information?
2. What are the limitations of the research report? How do limitations effect the usefulness of the evidence-based information?
3. Use the UT Health Library to find one peer-reviewed healthcare-related or respiratory journal article published within the last 5 years that you are interested in assess the strengths of the research report. Discuss the limitations of the study and the effects on the usefulness of the information.
Watch (5-10 mins): Learn about 22-year-old Amanda Gorman (Links to an external site.) (PBS NewsHour), who read her poem at the inauguration. Amanda Gorman read her poem “The Hill We Climb” during the inaugural events The First Lady Dr. Jill Biden is a fan of Amanda’s poetry. (Links to an external site.)
You can also watch Gorman delivering her inaugural poem below, and read a copy of it here (Links to an external site.).
https://youtu.be/LZ055ilIiN4 (Links to an external site.)
As you watch, think about the following questions and jot down notes:
What do you notice?
What do you wonder?
What stands out to you?
Does any of the poem or the author herself resonate with you?
In an interview with The New York Times (Links to an external site.), Gorman said, “Now more than ever, the United States needs an inaugural poem. Poetry is typically the touchstone that we go back to when we have to remind ourselves of the history that we stand on, and the future that we stand for.” What do you think she means? How does poetry capture our feelings or attitudes in a way that traditional speeches or prose does not?
Free Write/Free Response: Choose one.
Write your own three line poem in reply to Gorman’s poem “ Choose a line, a vibe or a moment from the poem to inspire your response.”
Stream of consciousness: Capture your vibe or feeling from the poem in one word immediately after viewing.
Please share your observations, and discuss your thoughts with your peers. One way to think about the lines in the poem is to have a conversation with them. What would you say?
Review the Earth Charter I. Respect and Care for the Community of Life. Carefully connect at least three of the principles with Gorman’s ideas.
How does the poem weave in the concepts of respect, compassion, and empathy?
From items #1-6 above develop a discussion post around these activities and be sure to respond to at least three of your peers. Include some type of media (video, photo, etc.) to enhance your discussion post and connect to your ideas or advance the discussion.
You will be graded on quality and relevance, critical thinking, contribution, course connections, professional writing and media included. Please review the grading rubric for more details. The assignment should demonstrate at least 2 hours of work.
Discussions are an opportunity for reflection on your own thoughts, beliefs, questions, and/or concerns regarding a particular topic, issue, or experience. It is a reflection of your learning in the course and a record of your journey through the semester, not a diary. The ultimate purpose of discussions are to provide you with a place to express your ideas and opinions and to facilitate discussion between you and your classmates. Expect each discussion to take 1-2 hours to complete along with 2-3 hours to complete any required readings.
You will be graded on six criteria: quality and relevance, critical thinking, contribution to peers, course connections, writing, and media included
Post your response to the discussion prompt below along with photos, videos, links, or interesting things that relate to the discussion or enhance your thoughts. To size photos properly, please refer to the tutorials about image resizing in the Canvas Student Demonstration Course: https://fgcu.instructure.com/courses/7692
You must post first before you can see your other classmates’ posts.
Read and respond to at least three of your fellow classmates’ postings.
All work reflected in the discussion should be in your own words. If you use other authors’ works you need to properly cite and reference the information including photos, drawings, graphics and/external links.
A great discussion is one that addresses the questions in the prompt while making connections to additional course materials, readings, and experiences. The ability to incorporate these concepts shows a high degree of critical thinking.
You are encouraged to share things from your life, experiences, material learned in other courses or your major and any additional thoughts you have on the prompt. This demonstrates that you are truly reflecting on the topic.
Be detailed and give reasoning behind your thoughts. For example – don’t just say “this place is great!” Tell me why it is great, what led you to your conclusions and ideas about the area.
LINKS TO WATCH/READ
This supposed to be a “simple” assignment creating a visual story using two random numbers. It is a random number story with visualization, but I just don’t get it. 200-300 words.
Why do you think that people choose the helping professions? Do you agree with the reasons presented in the text? Why do you think you decided to enter the counseling field? APA style, 1 page limit
essay assignment, answer both essay questions using a minimum of 300 words for each essay. A
title page (no abstract) and reference page are required. Current APA 7 must be used to cite
sources. Course textbooks and materials are allowed for the essay assignments.